Last week Andy, Gray and I headed to the beach with the Nelson/Brown/Garlington families(my side of the family). I decided to take a break as much as possible from everything. Boy, did I need the rest and time to just not worry about anything. Rest is good for the soul. I was resting so well I kinda pouted on the way home and today too. :) The beach is my peaceful place to not worry. :)
My sister is a very talented photographer and all my portraits are now done with her exclusively. (I wonder why?...they are super awesome and this is only a few to brag on her!)
This sand bar was there the whole week we were in Orange Beach...It was so perfect for Gray to swim in and let's just say she had no fear of the water.


These two just yank at the heart strings. My niece, Nancy Grace, and sweet Gray have the sweetest little bond. Cousins!!!
And next is what happens to a smocked dress when you look away for a second. Did I say Gray loved the water???

And next is what happens to a smocked dress when you look away for a second. Did I say Gray loved the water???

On to the update:
On Thursday, July 5th (of course while we were on vacation) we finally received all the translations that we had been waiting on and then we were able to mail those off to USCIS in Texas along with the I-600 form that we had been waiting a while to send. I was one determined mamma. I used the office at Turquoise Place(our condo place) in Orange Beach, Alabama to do all the multiple printings and then laid out everything on their counters to confirm we had the French and English version of each document. Want to talk about confusing!!!! The office crew at Turquoise Place was incredible...even sat there to help me make sure I had all the documents in order, paper clips, stapler, everything. Talk about customer service! They heard about our adoption story while I was sorting the documents and I believe for a few short moments they stood there and were thrilled to be helping Eli come home.
Also, all this took place at the end of the day. I rushed to the nearest UPS Store in Orange Beach. I was at the place at 5 minutes 'til 6pm and I ran....because I saw the worker in the store walking towards the door to lock it. Out of fear that she would lock the door I picked up my speed. All I could think in my mind was if I beat her to the door first she could not lock it if I was inside. :) So Eli's packet was shortly on its way to Texas to go thru whatever process that immigration has in store for his documents. Again, mamma bear's are always determined when it involves their cubs. :)
Today, we finally received the final birth certificate document on Eli and the translation as well. I have to say that the normal Leslianna read thru everything to make sure that there were no mistakes. However, my heart stopped and sank when I read one sentence. You read it and then I will comment.
".... in 2009, a male child was born in Kinshasa, son of unknown father and unknown mother and was named _____________." ( I am not putting Eli's birthday or Congolese name until he is home)
I had immediate tear build up in my eyes for multiple reasons. First, I was happy that his new birth certificate will reflect having a father and mother. Second, my heart was burdened and has been burdened for the other children that Eli has been living with in the orphanage. They, too, have no mother and father to fill in the blanks of their birth certificates. All I could continue to think next was: Is this really happening? Are we really getting up in the morning, heading to work, coming home, and feeding our families comfortably and yet, there are so many children with a loss of identity and no one to say they are their mother and father? My word. I am speechless. When these children are 18 and released into the world will they forever feel lost because no one loved them?
My life's mission has become very simple and yet I have searched most of my life trying to figure out what to do with my life. Here is my life statement below:
1. Honor, praise and have a gloriously close relationship with my Heavenly Father, praising Him all my days
2. Being an honorable and good wife to my incredibly, Jesus believing husband, Andy
3. Being a good mommy to Gray and Eli and teaching them about our Lord & Savior
4. Outreach to those that do not know the Lord, including those I know and don't know. I am not scared of strangers.
5. Serve, work hard and fight for the orphans of this world. Since I cannot save them all I can help other families and my own fight for these precious babies waiting to have a family that loves them.
So if you have been having a daily struggle of your life's purpose just know it does not have to be a particularly difficult mission statement. Jesus wants not just some of us but all of our being. He wants us to choose Him. So in your statement...just choose Him! Everything, I mean everything will be absolutely fine with Jesus being THE FAITHFUL ONE.






No comments:
Post a Comment