Sunday, April 1, 2012

Planning

I think my life's quote should be, "I try to plan the unplannable." I mentioned this earlier last week regarding our adoption but now I am thinking of applying to all areas. I try so hard to plan things and wowsers....I am learning some hard lessons this week.

First, you can never, ever predict construction on the interstate....especially if they are only repaving around 50 feet on a hill in Tennessee. This traffic going from two lanes down to one added an extra hour on my trip to Athens, AL. It kinda stunk but there was really nothing I could do about it. So Gray and I made to Athens a little later than I had hoped. I was able to roll with it. (Thankfully we were moving around 10-20 mph the whole time and not just sitting.)

I did have one funny while waiting in this traffic. The car in front of me had two teenage boys that unrolled their windows and sat on the window ledge and acted like they were rowing boats. I laughed so hard I cried. Yes, little things do make me laugh and this was just perfect timing. These kids were clever and I applauded them for the entertainment. If I can figure out how to download a small clip from my IPhone I will attach this at a later time.

Lastly, I traveled back to Tennessee from Athens, AL today. I got stuck right before mile marker 6 in another long wait. What were the odds of this? I had only been on the road 10-15 minutes. So we slowly rolled thru 5 miles for an hour. There were 2 wrecks and additional car that I someone how ended up in the median. The car in the median was fine and so were the others but I guess it was all spring break traffic hiccups. I have to say I did not handle this quite as well as I had hoped. I was holding the steering wheel so tightly from the stress that I now cannot seem to remove my shoulders from my ears this evening. We rolled down the interstate and my speedometer did not even register I was moving so slow. We did unfortunately miss an egg hunt with friends but Gray had no idea so I was safe. Gray knocked out the last half of Beauty and the Beast and all of Tinkerbell by the time we got home. She was a happy girl when she got out of the car. Mommy, otherwise, felt a bit like Frankenstein. I was stiff and it really was not a long car ride. I was really really really glad to be home. I had to go lay down after this one.

Andy was in North Carolina with his brother, Brent, and several others friends of Brent's. They got into all sorts of trouble...ya know... kayaking 4 miles, getting sunburned, eating seafood and yes swimming out in the ocean in March. I mean it sounds like it was a horrible weekend. :)

Thankfully when Andy got home we got to watch our shows that were recorded while we were all out of town ('tis the life of parents with a small child). The Firm....yes I really like this show. Very entertaining and a thinker!!!! Also, Coming Home. I sobbed like a baby. Always great to see our wonderful military coming home to their families.

So that was a very brief take on our weekend! Good and hard times thru the weekend but we are glad to be back under the same roof.

I am so excited to see if we will receive any news on our E man this week. I am not anticipating it but I will always be hopeful!



No comments:

Post a Comment