Monday, March 5, 2012

If you do not like shots ....do not read.

"I was happy to get 7 shots today." I really was. You know why? It gets me one step closer to our little E. Just in case you are wondering which vaccinations well here ya go:
1. Hep. A
2. MMR
3. Adult Polio
4. TDAP
5. Meningitis
6. Yellow fever- ouch is all I can say
7. Typhoid- double ouch with a slight jump

What the nurse told us to expect? That if we had any symptoms at all they would be from the yellow fever vaccine. Flu like symptoms and would feel like we have a fever even though we would not within the first 48 hours.

Side effects I have felt in the first 12 hours? Nausea, lots and lots of sweating and sore arms. All things I can handle.

Next 24 hours: only sore arms. Woohoo!

In 6 months we go back to get the last Hep. A shot then we have it in our systems for life.

'Til Our Son is Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment