Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Airport Day & Random Thoughts

I have been reading a lot about airport day celebrations when families bring their babies home. All I can say is I look forward to the special day with family and friends! I found a recent quote written in Washington Parent about airport arrivals for families adopting. I am not quite sure I could have said it any better myself.

"Next time you are in an international airport, keep your eyes open as you pass by the International Arrivals gate, if you see a group with balloons and baby gear, chances are good ........a family is being born." So get your celebrating shoes on a meet us there! Airport celebration is a go!

Now onto Random thoughts by me:

1.We are all adopted at the end of the day anyways. Our family is just being formed in a slightly different way. We may or may not have similar genetics, we may or may not look like each other, but by golly when you are in our family you will be loved. As Andy has encouraged me from all the crazy stats I have been reading... "Love conquers all." I am not uneducated to think everything will be perfect but thru the hard times ahead our love for each other will stand strong for one reason. JESUS!

2. Little E is going to be "delivered" into our family the day we meet him...(even though he already has a very significant role in our family and has been touching others lives already by his story).

3. I also think about the day that Gray and little E will compare and share delivery stories with each other. I can only hope that they both will first and foremost feel loved not only by Andy and I but by their Heavenly Father in all areas of their lives. I pray that they know that God's plan is sovereign even if their deliveries were not at the same time, place or method. If I can teach E and Gray anything at all is that God is faithful and that there is no one that can love them as much as He! No matter how E or Gray were brought into our lives we are and forever will be blessed because we said "yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment