Monday, February 20, 2012

My Top 10 to stay busy until our little man is home

It has been a slow week since all the crazy developments over a week ago. We sit and wait. My nervous energy is driving me bonkers but that is ok. It helps me stay focused on other things.

Things I am doing to stay busy while we wait:

1. On my knees with my face in my Bible
2. Praying with my face in my hands laying on the floor
3. Playing praise and worship music while I am in our little man's room
4. Andy, Gray and I praying every night for brother and that the Lord will keep him safe... Also included in this prayer are for Thomas, Nelson, N.G. & E.C.
5. Praying while running...this is a tough one but so far so good. The praying is not hard but trying to keep my breath while running is.
6. Fundraising so we can travel to and from DRC. (Anyone have any frequent flyer miles they want to give away on Ethiopian Airlines? :) )
7. Preparing mentally to being a Mom of 2..two year olds.
8. Singing Jesus loves me with Gray. Yes, I am keeping it simple. (Might I also add that Jingle Bells always follows Jesus loves me and then in to ABCDEFG.... and yes, War Eagle fly down the field....)
9. Cleaning out things slowly but surely. I am nesting slowly over time. Letting go of things I know we don't need. Why do we save things so much of the time that we think we will use later and then come to find out that we don't?
10. Praising Jesus' name. Not being the least bit afraid to raise my hands and thank Him for allowing us to go thru this miracle of adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment