Tuesday, January 24, 2012

We have a son!!

We are expectant parents again! Our son will be home in 4-7 months. We cannot tell you how excited we are. Our focus for now is to continue to work hard to get him here and to praise our Lord above for bringing us thus far. We are grateful to all of you who have prayed for our son. Continue to pray for a huge hedge of protection around him during this time!

I have not updated our blog until today because I am still recovering from running around last week. We found out on the 17th that we had a little boy. I was running around to finalize documents with a notary (super, duper Mark), run to the county clerk to get a county seal on our documents, then running to the post office to overnight documents(name change, medical release) to our adoption agency and then send 2 documents(power of attorney, consent to adopt) to the state of TN for their official seal. Whew! I was one determined momma last Thursday. I wanted to loudly pronounce as I was speed walking, "Steer clear, Mamma bear is coming thru!" If you could have only have seen me I am sure it would have resulted in a small laugh.

I cannot tell you the joy that is in my heart for our son. The same joy that I feel the moment I birthed Gray I am feeling as I begin to think about holding our son in my arms. This same joy from the Lord is anxiously awaiting to pour out to those that have loved and cared for our son during his first few years of life. The other joy is overflowing just in plain gratefulness to our Lord and Savior. No one, I tell you, no one can understand the miracle of adoption until you experience it yourself. On my knees I humbly confess to you that I never truly grasp the Gospel until this process. I feel like I have a better understanding of just how much our Father loves us. I know that I will never really know this but I understand it so much better. I have been a believer for quite some time but what an eye opening experience. Our Father loves us so much. Though the love for my son will never be as much as our Heavenly Father's is for him I feel like I have a glimpse of the process in a much better grasp. "I was blind but now I see." To God be the Glory in all that we do! (I really mean it! :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment