Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Move

We arrived in Trussville Thursday afternoon to do our "belongings move" to Franklin. We have been living in Franklin, TN since the first of January. Fortunately we had movers so it was a huge blessing...I just didn't know it until I watched how incredibly efficient and careful these guys are. So listen to this insane move: Starting Friday our movers completed all packing in 7 hours....absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Packed everything!!! Then today they had everything loaded on the big truck to travel to Franklin, TN. Wow! This process was so wonderful. We are very grateful that this piece of our move was so fabulous! Andy and I would have spent days and weeks in preparation for a move like this.

As nice as it was being in the Trussville house there were some tough moments. Several times during the packing I got choked up or teary eyed. I was a little sad to be leaving even though we have been living in Franklin for a few months. There have been so many nice memories in Trussville. It is where we brought Gray home for the first time. Our church family was so supportive and loving. Andy and I both were blessed with good jobs and super nice friends. It was a place we thought that we were going to raise our family. The list goes on and on.... Little did we know that in a short time that God would have other plans for us. The 4 years in Trussville were fantastic! Thank you Lord!

More and more everyday Andy and I are understanding to an extent why the Lord brought us to Franklin, TN. The fun part about our Lord is that we have to wait and see what else He is going to be doing in our lives in the coming weeks, months and years. He typically doesn't just reveal His big awesome plan all at once...so the mystery always continues. Since there are so many wonderful layers to our Lord and Savior I just know that there is more amazing things to come....we just have to keep serving Him, praising Him and ya know...He will take care of the rest and show us where He needs us. If Andy and I are obedient to Him He will direct us and reveal Himself to us in our journey.

Andy and I both have had so many questions from people about how we have handled so much transition over the past 5 months. We tell them that all of this has only been by God's doing. God has had a unique and very well planned route for us to be in Franklin....every last detail has been addressed so at the end of the day Andy and I don't have any room to question God. We just need to be ready to say "Yes, Lord I will go and do."

We are grateful to be able to run to our Lord during times of question and need. Our Lord has been so faithful. Andy and I have been so grateful to take our daily worries and concerns to the Lord. My question for the day: Are you looking for every possible reason to not turn to the Lord? If you think attempting to "fix it" yourself or have someone else "fix it" then you are going to be sadly disappointed and hurt and possibly destroyed even. If you are using every excuse you have to not turn your questions and concerns to God then you are avoiding the ONLY one who can fulfill your every need. Did you know that dear friends...do you know that? God is the ONLY one that can make you truly happy. He will never fail you. You may not always understand Him or His plans but God is faithful! No man can do that! If you want to know this God...talk to Him. He may not always speak back but gosh He loves you enough to give His only Son on the cross for you. So God has plenty to say...His love letter to us is the Bible. Pick up a Bible, ask a friend who has a relationship with God and revelations will come a plenty! God desires to know you. Glory to Him! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment