Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fresh start

It's nice to have a fresh start. First moving out of state and to a new city is a great way to get your priorities straight. Andy and I have learned so much during our transition. I am glad that God allowed us to be moved in this direction. We prayed for extraordinary things to happen and they have and still do. What is most interesting to me is that more recently I have been hearing people making prayer requests all the time for their lives to be changed(I am sure I heard these before but it has caught my attention more recently) I don't want to question anyone's motives or ever their prayer requests but my question would be are you willing to allow God to change you? I know that I haven't always had that as a priority...allowing God to change me. Sometimes without realizing it I was putting up a very selfish wall and asking God for some pretty incredible things and not realizing that I was standing in the way of what God wanted to do in my life. I have been on both sides and let me tell you when you allow God to take over every area of your life He can do some pretty amazing things in your life and in others.

Here recently I have felt more of a calling to share with others. How I don't know, why I don't know but God clearly knows. Andy and I were having a conversation recently how I can get stressed over social situations amongst friends...why I have this anxiety I don't know. Yet, if you asked me to walk into a room full of people that I didn't know and were not believers then it is here I am most comfortable. So odd to me but has hit me like a revelation of sorts. I have a heart for those that do not know Christ. So in this revelation I am beginning to get some of my purpose here on this earth. I am praying and asking for God to lead me where He needs me. I know He is moving the puzzle pieces so I am just going to allow Him to do His work in my life. It might be something small or something big but the opportunities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment