Saturday, February 19, 2011

yes...I am tardy

Shocker I am rather late on updating our blog. So, it is 2011 and I will begin with a fresh blog post. Here it goes... Life has been a whirlwind over the past 5 months. The Lord has been directly our paths. Sometimes God does His directing with a soft subtle approach and then there are times when He delivers a big wake up call. Well we got the big wake up call. Andy had a job change and the new adventure began.

Andy got a job in Franklin, TN in December. He had interviewed with this company several weeks before we heard anything. We just assumed that it was not going to work out ....and then Andy got the phone call he had been hoping for...CHS was offering him a job. Yippee! He was so excited and I in return was super excited. We thought for a while that we would be moving to Auburn to take another job. So when the CHS job was offered and Andy accepted our course was being redirected to the original place that we thought we would be.

Andy ended up starting his job on December 20,2010 and Gray and I were still in Trussville so I could finish up my job. At the beginning of the year Andy, Gray and I moved our clothes and baby stuff up to Franklin. We have been living in corporate housing in an apartment called ALARA Farms. I am working from home for Brasfield & Gorrie still. They are one incredible company to have let me to continue to work for them.

During our time in Franklin we have been able to scope out the area and discover where God was leading us to live. We have found a house and we are closing on March 7th. Yes!!!!! The countdown is definitely on!!

Another fabulous subject to update you on ,of course, is Gray. She is just a joyful child. Her eyes light up every time she smiles. It is one thing to smile but seeing those beautiful blue eyes light up...oh it's the best. Gray started walking a few days before she was 14 months old. She had been crawling at excessive speeds so I genuinely think she had no interest in walking for a while. Since then she is walking walking walking whenever she can. She is still a little wobbly but she is doing so well. I love how she gets to walking and right before she gets to you she falls/jumps into your lap or arms. It's like she just realized that she is so proud that she made it to you. Gray's teeth...whew. Sweet Gray baby has gotten all of her teeth except for her incisors and 2 yr molars. So I think Andy and I have a break from teething for a little bit...I think. We visited her new pediatrician in Franklin on Thursday. Gray was in the 60% for both weight and height and she was 23 lbs and 7 oz. Poor thing...she had to get 4 shots. She handled it much more gracefully than her momma would have. The new pediatrician is a blessing so I was glad to get that established for Gray.

Honestly Gray has been a very wonderful baby. Sleeping 12-14 hours a night with naps of 1-3 hours. When she is teething the only way you know it is by drool and her grabbing everything she can to bite on it. She has fussed very little. She has even had an ear infection before and the only way we found it out is when we took her for a doctor's well check. I felt so bad for not knowing but she had no fever and was not tugging at her ears anymore than usual. Sweet child and Andy and I are so blessed to have her!

As I look back at the past 4-5 months...they have been really challenging but good at the same time. One thing that has been amazing for Andy and I both is that we early on turned everything over to God because we knew that He would reveal His plan to us in His timing. We were trusting in the little things and in the big. For the first time, Andy and I could have peace in a situation that would have caused much disruption. This life is His so we knew we didn't need to hold on and prevent Him from doing what He needed to do in our lives. When we let Him do His work and amazing things have happened. I cannot tell you the amount of confirmations that Andy and I both received from God during this time. Previously, it could be months on directly hearing from God and now...He was time and time again providing for us and confirming things. It was amazing to watch and be a part of in this time. If anyone doubts who God is...send 'em our way. Andy and I are honored to be able to tell you what He has done in our lives. Glory to God!

I am so grateful to be His child and as Andy and I continue this new beginning with Gray we are both having to keep in His word and stay plugged into the truth. We have been attending a new church called Clearview Baptist and we are loving it! Gray is making new friends and will hopefully start with the Clearview Childrens Center in the fall. Until then Gray will be going to a wonderful daycare once a week. They will have music time (which I think Gray is going to go crazy for!!), nap time, play time....oh Gray is going to love it. This summer she will be going to a children's play days at a local church so that momma can get a little down time. :)

I think that is it for now. I am inspired to get back to blogging so hopefully you will see more posts in the coming days and weeks! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment