Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Franklin, TN

We have been here about 2 months now so I feel like I can give a good description of where we are living.

Franklin is a fabulous town. When I am driving thru town I love looking into the rolling hills of Tennessee. It's just that pretty. Stores are a plenty and the downtown Franklin area cannot be beat. Wonderful areas to walk around and peak in all the lovely stores. There are plenty of antique stores if that is your thing. You could definitely spend the day just looking at antiques. There are endless possibilities when considering restaurants. I think you might be able to find a different restaurant everyday for a year and then there would probably still be some leftover that I have not visited yet. So far all the food is yummy!

There are churches a plenty when looking for a church home. We are just so fortunate that it didn't take too terribly long to find a place that felt like home to us. We are getting plugged in with a Sunday School class. Gray is still a little hesitant about her surroundings at church. She spent every weekday at FBCT until she was 13 months old so it only makes sense that she is not quite at home at our new church home yet. I am sure that it won't take long before she is happier and loving her new friends. On a side note...2 Sundays ago it was so cute when we picked her up from her class. She was standing with a set of girl twins in a small fort area and they were all just standing there completely content. Also, it did not seem like they were letting anyone in either. Kinda funny.

Franklin also has sidewalks everywhere. Can I tell you how much I am loving that?!? We can walk pretty much anywhere and seriously get our exercise on! It has been a huge plus.

Everyone has been friendly here so I know once we move in our home on March 7th that we will be making lots of new friends. I am also looking forward to the fact that we will have a neighborhood pool this summer. Gray and I will be able to go and get our swimming in most days and not have to worry about being by ourselves. Gray and I need to be around people. Don't have to do a lot of talking necessarily but need to be around folks just for the company!

Oh and yes, country music a plenty here. Andy is really having to take a deep breath. He has no excuse anymore to change the radio station. I told him that if we are going to live here we needed to be somewhat educated on the latest songs. Honestly I think that is my excuse to really enjoy it now. He is bearing it but I can tell that he can only take so much.

So for now Franklin is great and there are zero complaints!

No comments:

Post a Comment