Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Scripture

I am leading a Bible Study at my house right now on the Fruit of the Spirit (with Beth Moore's help of course.) In discussion yesterday one comment was said that wasn't particularly profound by any means but it caught my attention. In this study there is a lot of flipping thru the Bible because there are so many scripture references and questions. One eager student has mastered using Bible references online and in different versions telling us how easy it was. While I was impressed by her organization and her eagerness to find a more efficient route and to also be cross referencing ...I was saddened by it as well. My generation is missing the very essence of turning a page in the Bible. There is something so powerful to me in turning page by page thru the Bible. In all honesty it is quite beautiful to be in a larger setting and hear so many pages being turned in unison to read more of the Word. Also, it excites me to know even when I am by myself that I am wanting more...more of our Lord. Flipping, Flipping.... More of what he has to say! Oh my how wonderful it is. Maybe when my children look back at my rather old fashioned "blog" they will read of my love of the written word and pick up their Bible and touch those sweet pages and remember how it all began way back when. I am afraid that when Gray is my age that her Bible will be digital. Where I am perfectly ok with that because she will be learning about our Lord I don't want her to miss out on the additional blessing of having to turn page by page touching such beautiful words. More importantly no matter how Gray reads the Word in the future I hope and pray that those precious truths can be written on her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment