Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gray's wellness visit

Gray is 11 weeks old today. I took her to the pediatrician for her 2 months check up even though she is older. She had grown 2 inches and was weighing a health 12 lbs and 5 ounces. The hemangioma on her lip has plateaued so they are hopeful that it will not get any bigger.

Funny note: The nurse always weighs Gray when she gets there. I have to put her on the scale without her diaper. If you have read my previous posts you will know that our baby girl has a very healthy digestive system and frequently has blow outs. Well fortunately as I slowly took off her diaper she had already taken care of business. I cleaned her up quickly and then placed her on the scale for the nurse. Then we had a few minutes to wait for Dr. Harmon to arrive. Within 5 minutes of Dr. Harmon checking Gray out she had another blow out. Dr. Harmon laughed and so did I because she just sat in my lap smiling. How is it possible for her to have 2 blow outs in 5 minutes? Changing her on the table she gets poo all over the table...of course. Let's just say we leave a lasting impression wherever we go. I apologized over and over to the nurse that was trying to help me clean up. Also, why is it that Andy has not had these experiences yet? First the DuBois household was forever changed and now the doctors office. Where will she go next?

No comments:

Post a Comment