Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Travel plus baby plus 2 dogs

Today I traveled to Athens to come for a visit with the fam. The entire 4 Runner was packed with baby materials. Clothes, diapers, diaper bag, wipes, bath tub, stroller, monitor, changing pad...and the list goes on. Goodness...it takes a lot to travel with a baby and on top of that I had Caddie and Cooper sitting in the front seat with me. Gray snoozed thru the whole trip. Cooper decided that she needed to observe the entire time and Caddie was in her sweet puppy dreams. Cooper decided she couldn't see the road good enough so she sat on top of Caddie from Gardendale to the Athens exit. Not kidding and Poor Caddie! Cooper was a good 5-6 inches higher in the front seat thanks to Caddie. I think dogs think they are people sometimes.

I left Gus at home with Andy. Gus is a handful right now because we are having to keep him separated from our dogs. Gus has to be secluded for 2 weeks and then he will be ok to play with our pups. The shelter wanted to be extra sure that Gus did not have any sicknesses that could have transferred to our dogs. We have not received any substantial hits on Gus. We are hopeful that some really nice family will adopt him soon. We are happy to care for the little fellow but it cannot be permanent. If you know of anyone that would love a little pup like Gus please contact me or Andy!