Monday, January 25, 2010
Farewell Ann
Most of you that know me know my obsession with Ann Taylor Loft. I have often referred to this store as "Ann." Well since having a baby it has been a while since I had been to see Ann. If they had only had maternity clothes I would have been their best customer. Prior to getting pregnant they knew my name when I walked in the door. I currently worked up the courage to go since I will need some things to wear before I return to work. Just recently I had heard thru the rumor mill that it was closing. I immediately said "No Way" could it be closing. Well, yesterday my dear husband kept Gray so that I could go. I was in complete denial as I pulled up to the store and then reality hit as I entered the store it was so incredibly sad. There was nothing on the wall and there was just racks full of clothes that had to go. This store and I have been friends since I moved to Trussville and now it is moving away. How sad is that? And there was a man running the store..which meant only one thing...He was there to get rid of all the beautiful inventory. This man had no connection to the people that worked there or to the clothes. So I eagerly grabbed as much as I could to have one last experience with these clothes in Trussville. I did find a few things and when I got to the register everything was 50% off which was fabulous but sad at the same time because I knew this store would no longer be here. So I needed to say one last farewell to the store and thought I would dedicate my daily blog to it. I guess I will have to go all the way to the Galleria to visit you....See you soon Ann!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment