So blessed to be quietly sitting and praising our Lord and Savior. I had a moment of tears last night. I think all the emotions came to a head. I am not going to lie being in Africa is hard.... Beyond hard. You feel beyond helpless, you feel humbled, you feel tiny as an ant, you can see despair over everyone's face, you can see anger, you can see joy, you don't see a ton of hope.
Each family that has been here going thru their adoption process has said the same thing. We are just dumbfounded. There are no words. For those that know me.... I usually have no problem in is area. It is surreal being here. This poverty, this lack of hope.... It is very REAL. So many bellies hungry. So many people just sitting on the streets. How can we reach them to Christ when they have so many odds against them. You know how we reach them? We take it one person at a time. We do not get overwhelmed by the numbers. We save one child at a time. I have spread the Gospel so many times while I have been here. There has been at least 10 opportunities where the Lord has opened the door for me to talk with someone. One key moment when I can choose to share or not to share. Ponder that! Share!!!
I shared with "Cowboy" this morning. I saw him the other day with a Texas longhorn belt on.... He said he was a cowboy in the Congo. So cowboy and I talk when we are checking messages. He is twice my age.He said he was a cowboy in a previous life. He asked me if I believed in having multiple lives and I boldly said no. I told him when I died I would go to heaven. He laughs and said what about hell? I told him I knew my Savior and where I was going. I asked him if he knew? He went silent on me and has not said anything since. I planted the seed and it is in the hands of the Lord what else should happen.
Andy and I had a challenging evening with E man last night. We will tell you all more about it when we get home. Not everything is appropriate to mention publicly until we are back in the US. Just know we totally feel your prayers and our sweet boy is really grieving. We appreciate your encouraging notes. No worry is needed. We are all doing great!!!!
We sit and do a bunch of nothing today. We are going to try and run to the market later today. Andy and I have decided we are going to need at least two bags of bread for the ride home. Eli loves his bread and seems to be something that soothes him. In Lingala it is lee-pah. I am spelling everything as it sounds. When he is getting tired at night he will wimper for lee-pah. I mean seriously can you imagine? Instead of Ma Ma or Pa pa.... It is lee-pah. These sweet babies need to know they are loved and need to know their Creator. That their Heavenly Father has been with them every moment that they have been alone.
We are very sad. Our Italian family that we have gotten to know so well is leaving this evening. We will all gather to say goodbye this evening. Another family heading home to their loved ones!!!! Hooray! ( thank goodness for Facebook!) We can keep up with everyone!!!!!
Eli will sing Jesus loves me after Andy and I sing it....That is when I know this long journey is worth every moment. This long year of stress and helplessness is worth every bit of sacrifice. You all have helped and contributed so that Andy and I could make this dream happen for one precious child. Thank you and we are forever grateful! Soon!
Love you all!
Leslianna
No comments:
Post a Comment