Thursday...rough afternoon/evening. Grateful for my angel of a husband. He is da bomb!
Friday update: I was in conversation with our adoption agency today. We are still missing a document to send into immigration. CCI encouraged us to send on everything else and then we will send Eli's other document to our case worker in Dallas (Non-hague country office) for USCIS when we have it. The missing document is his new birth certificate. We have the old but not the new. Oh there are so many pieces of paper.
Just to submit the paperwork packet again to USCIS I felt like I needed to talk to someone. I called our adoption agency and I was trying to sound out the French documents to Cherie and she was graciously telling me which English translation should go with the French. Whew! So back to immigration Eli's paperwork packet goes again. We pray for a speedy process so we can GET THAT VISA!!!!!!!! (I just want to hug all the US postal office workers in Franklin...they have seen me in there so much and I feel like they are helping us get Eli home. When Eli gets home I may just have to go and give all them a hug.) The paperwork packet was almost half an inch. Oh yes my friends...it was all there!
Now...we wait some more. I did find out that you could complete a document to get notified by USCIS that our I-600 was definitely approved via email and text before we receive the paper copy ...I believe. Do not be confused by the I-600a. I-600a is asking for permission to adopt an orphan and the I-600 is asking for permission to adopt and bring Eli home to the US. Again, that is the basics.
We are waiting on that visa and Eli's Congolese passport. Again...one step at a time.
I have to say I got ahead of myself today and thought about walking thru the aiport with Eli and running to our family and friends. I will most likely be in tears...happy tears so just get prepared for this tenderhearted mamma. This process has been so gut wrenching hard but boy oh boy am I eternally grateful.
Friday night event: Andy and I wanted to treat Ben and Laura to dinner for one last time as a family of 3. We all sported our red, white and blue for the USA and we made them breakfast...which is our favorite meal to cook. They are such dear friends and our kiddos are such good friends! Baby Griffin will be here soon! We are all so thrilled for them. The May's are such kind and generous people and we are so glad to have them as our neighbors!!!!
Have a blessed weekend everyone! Love in Him who makes us Lovable!!!! Jesus!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment