Our non-appeal document and adoption deed came within days of each other last week. For other families they were typically waiting anywhere from 3-5 weeks in between each document. For us they were at the same time. Once the adoption deed had been translated I had noticed that there were several mistakes...see below. Last original document we are waiting on is E man's DRC birth certificate.
Crazy Adoption Deed and Translation Mistakes:
1. E man's name was with an extra e "Elie" instead of "Eli" (we can get over this and just change in the US but it was still an aggravation)
2. My birthday was listed at 5/5/1987 I was born 3/5/1981. (So I like being on paper 6
years younger but in this case IT WAS NOT A GOOD THING!)
3. E man's birthday year made him two years older...so instead of 2009 it was down as 2007. (Not Good!)
4. E man was listed as a daughter instead of a son.... um this one would have surprised us. Our adoption agency has assured us HE IS A BOY! (ha!)
5. I was listed as only being born in Alabama and not in Alabama, USA. Where this is minor it still makes a difference.
So where most that know me would have seen a major freak out moment. I calmly handled this and just accepted that this is a part of adoption. It almost made me laugh to see how many mistakes there were and then the "daughter" about sent me into a total laughing spell. All you can do is take it and deal with it. My way of dealing with it is laughing and then allowing my blood pressure to rise. I wish I could change that last one but my blood pressure directly results from feeling the stress.
The adoption process is a major roller coaster. Kinda like THE HULK at Universal Studios. It nearly makes you physically sick. For months Andy and I have felt the strain of this process. It is emotionally and mentally draining. It, at times, makes you physically sick. It hurts and you at times feel like you are groaning thru it.
So with the bad all I can say is that I am grateful for the pain. I am grateful for the pain and strain so that Andy, Gray, Eli and I will be a better family for it. Our family tree will be better for it. Our legacy will be changed forever. Our Lord is stretching us and yes, even allowing us to physically go thru pain so that we can praise His name. We can make it thru this and we will! For me things have been a bit hazy lately.....due to physically feeling it. I am leaning on the EVERLASTING to help carry all of us thru. We are exhausted but this is where endurance comes into play. We lean on WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THRU JESUS!!! BECAUSE THIS PROCESS IS ABOUT JESUS!!!!
Pray for us. Pray for mental and physical strength to make it thru the process. Pray for continued provision not just financially but for all things to just fall into place quickly. Pray for our lawyer JB and for our adoption agency. There are a lot of things paperwork wise that have to ...I mean HAVE TO fall into place. I take great joy in that... God has gotten us thus far thru the paperwork.
We are here at the end...we are in our last bit of "pregnancy" and man does it hurt. Lord, we pray for speedy movement and "CORRECT" movement. We pray for wisdom for those that are in DRC and those that are at our US EMBASSY. Please be standing over them helping them concentrate on the paperwork!!!!!!
Give Eli comfort that his Daddy and Mommy will be coming to get him soon! We are fighting with all that we have to bring him home to his family. Be with him and give him peace that his Heavenly Father is protecting him each and every step.
Thank you Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment