We wait patiently,excitedly, nervously....to hear an update on our precious little man. So until I get an update I am having as much fun and as much focus on Andy & Gray as possible. I do not want to wish away this time with them. Our family of three can change to a family of four overnight. So we will be grateful for now!
As it is written in the book Resolution for Women ..... " I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment." As much as my earthiness would like to get our little guy home, God is in complete control. He is an all powerful God that can change a person's heart and can build up or destroy a government if He likes. There is no reason that I need to be hurrying or even worrying about what in the world is going on with the process. If God wants us to wait we wait. If he has a clear path to get our little man home He will. Not us. I am grateful for the Lord's constant reminders that this little man is His and we will be used as His vessel (A.K.A. Daddy & Mommy). We will raise him and teach him in the Lord's instruction and love him unconditionally 'til our last breath on this earth.
Time and time again we can say the Lord has been faithful in every aspect of this process. Have we been on our faces? Yep. Have we questioned what in the world we were doing? Yes. Over and over the Lord keeps bringing us back to the same place. It is not about us. This is all about Jesus.
This adoption process has allowed the Lord to step plainly in front of us and ask us what we were doing with our family to be an even better family for His kingdom. Submitting to the scriptures and praying like there is no tomorrow is the place we started. Then from there we take it a day at a time holding desperately to the feet of Jesus. Adoption cannot be taken lightly and it is life changing on both sides of the spectrum.
For those of you wondering about adoption or even not considering it at all. Start praying about it and the Lord will take you exactly where you need to go. Just "go and do" as the Lord has asked of all of us and He will take the reigns from there. I just ask that you consider it.
'Til our son is home!
No comments:
Post a Comment