I immediately go to the mailbox when I hear the engine of our mailman's vehicle. It has a very distinct sound. I run down the stairs, out the door and open the mailbox. Today our mail is crammed into the box. I look thru quickly, see the prize envelope, and run inside to tell Andy. "We have it! We have it!" We have the case number from the National Visa Center and our little man's case has been forwarded to the US Embassy in Kinshasa, DRC. (Yes! Now a little happy dance took place!)
So what does this mean you may be thinking? First of all we got this notification much sooner than we anticipated. Second, this means that his visa will be "in process" while we wait for our 2nd court hearing to take place over the next 2 weeks. After the adoption is finalized in the courts then our lawyer in DRC walks our paperwork to the US Embassy. Then our adoption agency waits to hear from the US Embassy on when we are cleared to travel.
Hallelujah to our Gracious Father! We are so excited and to think that so much has happened since we started in September. Never, ever, ever tell me the Lord does not have a specific plan for his precious children. It may not always be in our timing but He is always faithful...every single time! Glory and praise Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment