Christmas will and always will be the beautiful celebration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I will be forever grateful. I cannot begin to even express how the birth of Jesus is quite frankly one of the most amazing stories...ever! It's a beautiful miracle. I love reflecting the month of December about His birth!!!!! I am having a fun time telling Gray about Jesus and that it is his birthday. She is saying the name of Jesus and oh I love to hear that. We have a book that we read most nights and the main theme is Jesus hears me when I pray. At the end of the book it has a picture of the cross. She points and says, "Jesus." "Jesus." Need I say more?
Ok..so I have a little more. In reflecting on the season you tend to think about those that you do not have with you. You think about each soul you knew. What was special about them. A funny story or a kind caring heart. You don't forget those loved ones. You don't forget their bear hugs or there sweet kisses on your cheek. You don't forget them holding your hand. You don't forget the generosity, amazing food and beautiful decorator that they once were. You don't forget their spirits. You just don't. Voices fade and yes, that is hard. You don't forget their actions though. You definitely don't forget them. For those that are struggling, in hardship and have had better years. You think of those loved ones too. How you pray for peace for them daily.
This year I feel like a small piece of my heart is missing a little something. I am aching for my child that I have never met. I am missing him. I know you may read this and immediately say how in the world could you be aching for someone you have never met or even seen a picture of...well, I give that credit to my Lord. He has changed my heart for the better. He is making it grow bigger. He is expanding my viewpoint and each day I wake up I just can't view this world the same again. As a beautiful hymn said I was blind but now I see. I think you can use that phrase in multiple ways. I was blind to the orphan children of this world. I was blind but now I see it. I get it. Andy and I will be a mommy and daddy to our precious son. Even though he will be delivered to us in a different way from Gray. He is our son and I cannot wait to hold him in my arms and tell him how much I love him. To God be the Glory in all that we do! Pray for the Democratic Republic of Congo. There are tough times ahead for this country. Pray for protection over our precious child. I can sleep at night knowing that our Abba, Father is watching him and protecting him. Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment