Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Events


What a day and yes I am writing this late at night because I am just recovering from a migraine. Yea.

Ok let's start from Sat. morning...first on the agenda was going to get my bridesmaids dress ordered for Tara's wedding. Super cute dress but trying on dresses after just having a baby is slightly terrifying. Second on the agenda was eating lunch with Tara. Zoe's was yum yum and always has me smiling when I walk away. Third, pick up Andy and Gray and head to Lyle and Holly's house. Fabulous time with old friends and hanging with little Jacob was way too much fun.

Lastly...Gray added a piece to our agenda that we were not expecting. Around 7pm I could smell that she had a dirty diaper so I went to change her. Holly and Lyle said to change her in their bedroom so that is where I went. Holly and I are in the room talking because Jacob is reorganizing their bathroom while I change Gray. Low and behold Gray has a dirty diaper. As I gently pull the diaper off Gray's bottom... she projectile poops all over me (not kidding) and then for a second push sprays Holly and Lyle's carpet. My right arm (wrist to shoulder) is completely covered as well as my jeans. I scream immediately. Holly and I have our mouths dropped open then the EEEwwwwing begins to take place. Holly and I are yelling for Andy and Lyle to hurry up because we need major back up. Lyle is holding back Jacob who is very interested in the poop. Holly is trying to get me wet washcloths to wipe myself off and Andy is attacking all the poop on Gray. Lyle and Holly are completely shocked that a little girl like Gray can do so much damage. I think my mouth remained opened and turned away from Gray for a long while as I also continue to gag on the smell. Andy is trying to brave the impossible as I begin to attempt to clean up the carpet. I am still in shock that it was that bad and I still feel horrible that we may need to have their carpet cleaned. I know it can't be helped but I still felt so bad for messing up their carpet. After clean up was completed and we had Gray changed I had to borrow a shirt from Holly and Gray had to borrow some of Jacob's socks. Let's hope Gray's new owl shoes are not completely ruined as well. Was I descriptive enough? Joys of parenting never seem to end. :) Love that sweet precious girl!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing out loud! Enjoying your blog even tho it's old! You are an excellent writer, Les!

    ReplyDelete